• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

where to look ???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

amy1981

What is the name of your state? pennslyvania

i was just wondering where & what steps need to be taken to have my sons fathers rights taken away? cause i'd eventually like him to be adopted. i know in some states in pa 6 months of no contact with the child, the last time he had any visit with my son was fathers day, & he hasn't seen him since but i figure that he'll just want to be around on the holidays. where would i go to lok things up for this kind of matter in pa?

Why not call the dad and ask that he spend more time with his son? Try to build a relationship with him. If he's not willing to now, he will want to later. (Been there).

How old is your son? Are you remarried where your son has a "daddy" in his life?
Don't give up on dad just because he's immature right now, in a few years, he'll come around. Maybe not, but just hang in there. Get on with your life. It's his loss. Once he sees that his son is growing up without him, he might change his mind about being around.
Just My Opinion.
I've been in your situation.

A

amy1981

well my son is 2 1/2 years old. i tried in the past to get his father to be in his life & said that i wanted it to be on a regular basis if he wanted to be in his sons life & he said alright & we have a court order that his visits should be every sun. even supervised, cause he's not responsible & was in a group home the time the order was made up when he got out of placement i called him to see if he was going to get our son. & he is just not a father figure to him. i am in a serious relationship right now, & my son calls him daddy & calls his real dad by his first name, at first i tried to corect it but then i just let it go, cause i felt he made up his own mind. & i'm haveing another baby on the way (nov.) & i would like for the guy i'm with now to adopt my son. i just feel that its just going to mess with my sons mind if his real dad keeps comming in & out of his life when ever he feels he has the time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">