• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

where to start??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Redhead75

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

My boyfriend, who lives with me, has two children. The children currently live in Georgia with thier mother. He does not see these children on a regular basis, as there is no custody order. Sometimes, she doesn't allow him to talk to them when he calls. She recently called him asking for help with a drug addiction, and I suggested he offer to take the children.....we know she will not allow that. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what his options would be? Money is tight, and a lawyer is not in the budget as of yet. He fears for the safety of his children, they are young....almost 2 & 3. I would be more than willing to take on the responsibilty of helping him raise these children, since I have 2 of my own who also live with us. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Colleen

[email protected]

kskvms

I couldn't help but give my two sense on this. It is just advice from someone with experience .... Money may be tight, however these children are young. If the mom is messed up enough to be a threat to their safety, you have no recourse but to accumulate evidence to her social situation and make a run for custody of the kids. Good luck with any decision you make

casa

Redhead75 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania

My boyfriend, who lives with me, has two children. The children currently live in Georgia with thier mother. He does not see these children on a regular basis, as there is no custody order. Sometimes, she doesn't allow him to talk to them when he calls. She recently called him asking for help with a drug addiction, and I suggested he offer to take the children.....we know she will not allow that. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what his options would be? Money is tight, and a lawyer is not in the budget as of yet. He fears for the safety of his children, they are young....almost 2 & 3. I would be more than willing to take on the responsibilty of helping him raise these children, since I have 2 of my own who also live with us. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Colleen

[email protected]
Dad can file for emergency temporary custody. Does he have any written or answering machine correspondence? Is the Mom still talking to him? He'll need proof of her drug problem when he goes to court.

What kind of help did the Mom ask the Dad for?

BL

Redhead75 said:
She asked to taken out of Georgia to get away from her drug problem.

~Colleen
A geologic relocation will not fix a drug habit .

Sounds to me like she's down and out and needs money for more .

Is that what She is asking for money ?

Or someone to support her ?

Redhead75

She is always asking for money.....but she will not allow him to bring the children up here to Pennsylvania where they would be better cared for. And we know the money is not used for the children.

~Colleen

BL

As someone pointed , out the drug abuse and/or any neglect has to be documented somehow , then the Father could file for Emergency Custody .

If you can not afford a Lawyer , how could you Afford to Move them to PA. ?

But that would be one option , to have the kids close to Dad ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">