• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which company is better for my 403(b)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

germain88

What is the name of your state? GA
I am planning to leave the job in 10 years. I have 50K in a company from my 403(b) contributions. That company (A) is giving guaranteed 4% interest (on principal as well as on compound interest) until I withdrew money after my retirement or when I am above 70 years. Now another company (B) came up which is currently giving 4.5% interest but the interest rate may go up or down in the future, but minimum is 1% (historically it was never less than 3%). However, if I move that 50K from A to B now, that 4.5% interest will be locked for that 50K (at company B) but if the interest rates fall or rise in the future at B, the compound interest rate (i.e., interest on the interest) will only, go down or up accordingly. Is it better to keep that 50K in A or move to B?

I cannot move money back to A from B.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? GA
I am planning to leave the job in 10 years. I have 50K in a company from my 403(b) contributions. That company (A) is giving guaranteed 4% interest (on principal as well as on compound interest) until I withdrew money after my retirement or when I am above 70 years. Now another company (B) came up which is currently giving 4.5% interest but the interest rate may go up or down in the future, but minimum is 1% (historically it was never less than 3%). However, if I move that 50K from A to B now, that 4.5% interest will be locked for that 50K (at company B) but if the interest rates fall or rise in the future at B, the compound interest rate (i.e., interest on the interest) will only, go down or up accordingly. Is it better to keep that 50K in A or move to B?

I cannot move money back to A from B.
Did you have a legal question?

bcr229

Or option C: roll it all into your own IRA where you should be able to beat 4.5% for the next 10 years. Learning to invest is not difficult and no one will care more about your money than you do (except maybe your heirs).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">