• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHICH FORMS? British Citizen married to US Citizen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
What is the name of your state? Virginia


I'm sure this question is asked all the time but I'd really appreciate some help.

I'm british and recently married to a US citizen who lives in VA. I'm currently in the UK and we're trying to organise the multitude of forms to submit for my visa.

Now, my question is exactly which forms do I have to submit?

I know my husband must submit the I-130 along with G325As for us both. We are also going to submit an I-129F to obtain the K3 visa which I believe should be processed more quickly (am I right?).

Further to this do we need to submit I485 at the same time?

Also, which address does all this need to be sent to? The information on the USCIS website seems really confusing.

Thanks in Advance


Senior Member
No, the I-485 is filed only once you are already in the US on the K-3 visa, assuming the I-130 is not processed before that and you enter the US already as a permanent resident.

Your spouse will have to file the I-130 first and once the receipt from that petition is obtained, file the I-129F along with all the other supporting documentation.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if I may be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential