• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which visa to apply for?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ahadgh

Hello,
We're an art group which consists of 3 members, recently we've received an official invitation letter to participate in a famous art fair that will take place in New York city in September 2023.

Btw, the invitation letter includes the names of all 3 of us.

Now, which visa should we each apply for? Is B1 ok for us?

What if we want to stay and convert the visa to green cart after entering the USA?

When and where should we show the invitation letter? Should we upload it while filling ds-160 application?

And finally may someone check our invitation letter to see if it's completely acceptable for embassy? I ask this because I can ask the inviter to modify it.

Thanks for your helps.

adjusterjack

Your best answers are going to come from the US embassy in your country and/or you can contact the USCIS for assistance.

Orix51

Yes, the best info you can get is from the US embassy in your country. Depending where you are from a simple tourist visa could do it BUT it depends largely on the nature of your participation in said fair, things like what type of organization is inviting you 3, how many days (weeks) will last and very important, if any of you 3 are going to get remuneration in any kind, cash is not the only important one.

I know for Mexican nationals for example, they can get into the country up to several weeks if they are not to work and/or get paid in any way, get a certificate/diploma from any type of education organization BUT they can volunteer to certain activities, participate in certain school/organization activities given the previous requisites. Fortunately, there's much time to research this so no pressure. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">