• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whistleblower law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I agree we shouldn't provide him/her legal advice. Telling the OP generally what the whistleblower laws cover, however, I think is helpful for the OP so he or she can understand what the laws say when discussing with the attorney whether anything he or she did might be protected under the state act. So far I see nothing that suggests anything he/she did was covered by the Kansas Whistleblower Act, but then the OP has only give a very general description of what he/she, and as is usually the case the devil is in the details.
Fair enough :)

quincy

... So far I see nothing that suggests anything he/she did was covered by the Kansas Whistleblower Act, but then the OP has only give a very general description of what he/she did, and as is usually the case the devil is in the details.
Steve might have given few details here but the few details he gave provides curious readers with enough information to seek out additional information elsewhere.

I am fairly confident that Steve's attorney would prefer Steve ask HIM about what the Whistleblower law covers rather than risk discussing the case publicly on a forum.

Steve has an attorney. Information and advice should come from this attorney.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
I am fairly confident that Steve's attorney would prefer Steve ask HIM about what the Whistleblower law covers rather than risk discussing the case publicly on a forum.
I agree. But as he/she nevertheless asked the question here, I see no problem providing to him/her some general information about the whistleblower law so he/she gains some understanding of what the law does.

quincy

I agree. But as he/she nevertheless asked the question here, I see no problem providing to him/her some general information about the whistleblower law so he/she gains some understanding of what the law does.
General advice is good. Whether there is a legitimate claim under the Whistleblower law should be left for his own attorney to discuss with him, though. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">