• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who can file a malpractice case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmanso

What is the name of your state? Rhode Island
My sister has passed away and we belive that the hospital is at fault. My brother-in-law is filing a suit, can my parent's file one as well or can their only be one suit?

rmet4nzkx

mmanso said:
What is the name of your state? Rhode Island
My sister has passed away and we belive that the hospital is at fault. My brother-in-law is filing a suit, can my parent's file one as well or can their only be one suit?
I'm sorry for your loss.
Possible or they may be included along with her husband, it is difficult to say without any facts.
Can you provide some facts?

mmanso

She was in the ER, with stomach pains, chest pains and throwing up. They did an MRI and missed a aneurysm, which ended up bursting and she died. She was in the ER all night and then admitted, they never caught it the entire time she was there, even though she was passing blood, etc.

rmet4nzkx

mmanso said:
She was in the ER, with stomach pains, chest pains and throwing up. They did an MRI and missed a aneurysm, which ended up bursting and she died. She was in the ER all night and then admitted, they never caught it the entire time she was there, even though she was passing blood, etc.
How old was she?
What was the state of her health?
What was the state of family members?
What body part received the MRI?
Where was the aneurysm?
When did she die?
When did they discover the aneurysm?
Was there an autopsy?
What are your parents standing/damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">