• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WHO GETS IT???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kym

WELL I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 2 YEARS NOW TO MY HUSBAND..HE HAS A SON FROM PREVIOUS MARRIAGE...I HAVE A DAUGHTER FROM PREVIOUS MARRIAGE...RECENTLY WE WERE HAVING A DISCUSSION WITH SOME FRIENDS...MY HUSBAND HAS NAMED ME AS 100% BENEFICIARY TO HIS 3 LIFE INSURANCE POLICIES....OUR FRIENDS SAY THAT IN THE EVENT OF MY HUSBANDS PASSING THAT HIS SON COULD FIGHT ME AND WIN THE LIFE INSURANCES...WE ARE NOW THINKING WE MAY NEED A WILL?...WHAT IS THE VERDICT OUT THERE FOLKS??..

D

don62

Upon death, the insurance company will pay the beneficiary. That does not mean that the son could not fight it in court but probably would not win.

JETX

Also depends on what state you are in (can you see the red text at the top of the screen???) and whether you have a will or not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">