• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who has right of way?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raider4life

Hi:
My question, My wife was taking my little girl to school, as she is walking to our car she see's a garbage truck double-parked next to ours with the driver talking with some one outside of the truck, she opens the front door puts in first child, then the back door to put in second child the the street side back door to put in the third child in a car seat. While that door was open the garbage truck starts to move and pulls my door with it! I understand that one should not open a door to oncomming traffic, but this truck was double-parked with the motor shut off, and the driver talking to some one and the door was open before he started the truck and pulled away. Additional information is that it is a two-way street and there is a school on the next block, (5th-to 8th grades) school buses are very active at that time, ( they were going around the truck to on-comming traffic), and if I was double-parked like the truck, I would have gotten a ticket!!! I am going to small claims court with this, any suggestions? This accured in Brooklyn, NY.
And with the truck double-parked does this create a new traffic lane, and then the door is not open to on-comming traffic?

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raider4life:
Hi:
My question, My wife was taking my little girl to school, as she is walking to our car she see's a garbage truck double-parked next to ours with the driver talking with some one outside of the truck, she opens the front door puts in first child, then the back door to put in second child the the street side back door to put in the third child in a car seat. While that door was open the garbage truck starts to move and pulls my door with it! I understand that one should not open a door to oncomming traffic, but this truck was double-parked with the motor shut off, and the driver talking to some one and the door was open before he started the truck and pulled away. Additional information is that it is a two-way street and there is a school on the next block, (5th-to 8th grades) school buses are very active at that time, ( they were going around the truck to on-comming traffic), and if I was double-parked like the truck, I would have gotten a ticket!!! I am going to small claims court with this, any suggestions? This accured in Brooklyn, NY.
And with the truck double-parked does this create a new traffic lane, and then the door is not open to on-comming traffic?

Thanks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

Good Luck !! While the law is, in fact, on your side, and by all rights you should win, do you know who owns the garbage truck and route? That's right. It's Guido and his gang of thugs of La Cosa Nostra (the Mafia). Do you really think they're gonna let you get away with this. Good luck. My prayers are with you.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

R

raider4life

Thanks for info, The case is with the City of New York!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE:
My response:

Good Luck !! While the law is, in fact, on your side, and by all rights you should win, do you know who owns the garbage truck and route? That's right. It's Guido and his gang of thugs of La Cosa Nostra (the Mafia). Do you really think they're gonna let you get away with this. Good luck. My prayers are with you.

IAAL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial, Helvetica, Verdana">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by raider4life:
Thanks for info, The case is with the City of New York!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

So? The truck is licensed by NYC, but it's still driven by one of "their" drivers, and owned by the "Boys."

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

R

raider4life

Hi Again:
When I say the City of New York, its a city worker that hit the car, not private sanation, if it was private it would have been settled already!!!!
thanks

/B][/QUOTE]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">