• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is at fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Walk3r1

Here is the email from the Vehicle 4 insurance adjusters supervisor.

Thank you for your email.

I have reviewed the file and agree with Michael’s final liability determination.

Liability is determined on proximate cause , who had the right of way, and other items that may be unique to that particular accident.

With multiple auto incidents, insurance carriers may assist with property damage of the Innocent third parties while final liability is being determined. If applicable, subrogation is performed when the final liability is determined – as was the case when Michael assisted with your property damage.

We have determined that our insured is not liable, as they were hit by Mr. Johnson, and pushed into your vehicle. The at fault vehicle was located by the police and noted as the sole contributory party. Our liability stands at this time. We recommend that you contact Southern Insurance Group LLC for any additional claim you may have.

As with any claim, if there are any new documents received, we will reevaluate at that time

**** is this correct?

Walk3r1

Also thank you to everyone for your feed back.

And any suggestions for a good Lwayer in winston Salem NC would be great.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Here is the email from the Vehicle 4 insurance adjusters supervisor.

Thank you for your email.

<snip>

We have determined that our insured is not liable, as they were hit by Mr. Johnson, and pushed into your vehicle. The at fault vehicle was located by the police and noted as the sole contributory party. Our liability stands at this time. We recommend that you contact Southern Insurance Group LLC for any additional claim you may have.

As with any claim, if there are any new documents received, we will reevaluate at that time

**** is this correct?
This would not be Vehicle 1. This would seem to indicate that Vehicle 4's insurance believes that there was a vehicle that collided with it - a Vehicle 5, perhaps.

Have you contacted the other insurance company, as suggested? If so, what was their response?

Walk3r1

This would not be Vehicle 1. This would seem to indicate that Vehicle 4's insurance believes that there was a vehicle that collided with it - a Vehicle 5, perhaps.

Have you contacted the other insurance company, as suggested? If so, what was their response?

I have contacted them, you are correct Vehicle 4, is claiming that Vehicle 1 made contact and pushed him into us. Thou my self and passenger know that did not happen.

Also, yes I have reached out to Vehicle 1' insurance company and was advised of Vehicle 4's disput. She is also under the belief that Vehicle 1 did not make contact with Vehicle 4 as there was not supporting evidence. It would have been physically impossible to for that to happen due to Vehicle 3 being in front of Vehicle 4.

adjusterjack

We have only been paid, for property, not medical.
What Vehicle 4's company is doing is subrogating against who they believe is responsible for causing the accident.

If you haven't been paid for your medical expenses, are you still under treatment or fully recovered with no residual effects?

Even sending an email saying claim denied.
Who sent an email to who? Denying what claim? For what reason? Quote it word for word.

adjusterjack

This would not be Vehicle 1.
Subrogation could be aimed at Vehicle 1 as a "Hail Mary." Subrogation departments often seek reimbursement with the slenderest of threads.

It also doesn't make sense that Vehicle 4's insurer would pay for the OP's car and then deny the injury claim. Let's see what comes of my inquiry.

Walk3r1

What Vehicle 4's company is doing is subrogating against who they believe is responsible for causing the accident.

If you haven't been paid for your medical expenses, are you still under treatment or fully recovered with no residual effects?

Who sent an email to who? Denying what claim? For what reason? Quote it word for word.
I am under treatment, I only emailed Vehicles 4's insurance, them to ask if there was another person to speak with about medical or if the same person with property damage handles it.
Here is the email I got in respone.

Good Afternoon Andrew:

In regards to your claim, the at-fault driver was found and listed on the updated police report after fleeing the scene. The other insurance company has been put on notice and should be reaching out to you in regards to both of your injury claims. Please see the attached police report. Below is the information for the other insurance company:

The at fault driver they are claiming is Vehicle 1, but are claiming vehicle 1, knocked Vehicle 4 into us. That is not the case nor possible.

Vehicle 1 insured, lied to the cop at the last minute, never mentioning the blue car in front of him, only saying thou then, hit it Vehicle 4 after making contact with us. That is also int the police report. Also in the police report there is mention that the office came in contact with Vehicle 1 and observed no damage to the Vehicle that supports what Vehicle 4 is saying, What is not in the police report is vehicle 3, or Myself and my passengers statement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">