• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is entitled to live in the home?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Brinn

TEXAS

My mother in law passed about 8 months ago. The home was in her name and she and my fiancee lived there many years before she remarried. I moved in shortly after that. After her passing, my fiance and I paid the mobile home lot rental and the mortgage. My ex father in law lied to us and took our money stating he would deliver the payment for us, as we juggled work and funeral planning. He kept the money and never paid. After a couple of months, we noticed and he forced us to leave on the spot. He threatened our lives (he had a gun) and in our emotional state we felt we had to leave for fear of our lives. Four months down the road, the bank has foreclosed on the property. The mobile home park manager helped my ex father in law by issuing us a criminal tresspass when we tried to re enter the property. Also the manager removed and sold our belongings without our knowledge. We finally went back criminal tresspass or no criminal tresspass. The place is trashed and everything inside worth of value has been stolen. What are our rights? My mother in law was the only one on the lease but the manager consented to all of us living there. Now he states that because we were not on the lease he can take what he wants and we can't move back in. The bank is fed up with my ex father in law lies that they won't even deal with us. Help! What are our rights?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">