• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is liable?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

danby

What is the name of your state? TN
My mother was involved in an accident. A man and his wife had been to a party and were heavily intoxicated. They got into a fight and his wife left on foot. The man went after her on foot and he ran in front of my mothers car. He was badly injured and may not survive. We have been told that the person having the party and serving alcohol is responsible but not sure if this is correct. We have reason to believe that this was a company christmas party. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

danby said:
What is the name of your state? TN
My mother was involved in an accident. A man and his wife had been to a party and were heavily intoxicated. They got into a fight and his wife left on foot. The man went after her on foot and he ran in front of my mothers car. He was badly injured and may not survive. We have been told that the person having the party and serving alcohol is responsible but not sure if this is correct. We have reason to believe that this was a company christmas party. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

My response:

Advice about what?

1. Your mother's potential liability?

2. The near-dead man's liability?

3. The party giver's liability?

We also will need more facts concerning how the incident occurred; e.g., did the man run out from between cars? Did he run out into the middle of the street (jay walked)? What time of the day did this occur? Etc., etc. We need much, much more information.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">