• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hickory_ms

I am from NC. My husband left the State of NC. He left me with all the debt of course. My question is this. My name is not on the First Mortgage, but it is on the deed. Second mortgage, is in both of our names. I realized I must have signed something for it to have my name on it. The First and second Mortgage are with same bank. First mortgage want even talk with me because my name isn't on the loan. They tell me I need to be concerned with the Second Mortgage. I try to explain to them that to be able to do that, that I have placed the house up for sale so that I can take care of the first and second mortgage. At this point, I am just trying to save my credit. I have told them it is up for sale, but it is like they don't even care, even know they would come out better if they just give me some time to sale it. Am I legally responsbile for the Second mortgage anyway? How could I be when my name wasn't on the First?

Any suggestions?

HomeGuru

hickory_ms said:
I am from NC. My husband left the State of NC. He left me with all the debt of course. My question is this. My name is not on the First Mortgage, but it is on the deed. Second mortgage, is in both of our names. I realized I must have signed something for it to have my name on it. The First and second Mortgage are with same bank. First mortgage want even talk with me because my name isn't on the loan. They tell me I need to be concerned with the Second Mortgage. I try to explain to them that to be able to do that, that I have placed the house up for sale so that I can take care of the first and second mortgage. At this point, I am just trying to save my credit. I have told them it is up for sale, but it is like they don't even care, even know they would come out better if they just give me some time to sale it. Am I legally responsbile for the Second mortgage anyway?

**A: of course you are. You signed as mortgagor.
How could I be when my name wasn't on the First?

**A: not relevent.

Any suggestions?
**A: pay them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">