• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who is responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

colombo

I started a new business last May. It is a medical billing business. I signed franchise agreement with Baypar, Inc. dba Pacific Medical Billing. They are located in San Diego, CA. Part of their franchise offering circular states that they offer an "Instant Client" program. Here is an excerpt from the Circular: "Medical providers can also be secured by an affiliate company of ours who offer the services of Instant Client. An optional service available to our Training Academy graduates and not included in the franchise fee. You can purchase clients who are ready to have your do their billing services and pay our affiliate company directly for this service. We do not control this service or receive any monetary benefits for you using this service." Baypar, Inc. "owns" the trade mark or term "Instant Client". Later in Exhibit 1 of the Circular the following: "Instant Client. This service guarantees you work as soon as your business is set up. It is an optional service available to Pacific Medical trainees and is not included in the price of the Pacific Medical Business Builder Program. You can purchase names of clients who are ready to have you do their billing services. Purchase one client for $2000, or three clients for $5000. This service is provided by an affiliate of Pacific Medical." Pacific Medical's website "pacificmedical.com" also guarantees these clients for prices stated.

I paid $5000 for three clients. I made my check out to "Instant Client" and it was cashed.

The "Affiliate" of Pacific Medical is in Mesa, Arizona and calls itself "Teamwork Marketing". I made a verbal agreement with a Peter Solie of Teamwork Marketing for three clients, guaranteed. The contract was never satisfied. Peter Solie has since stolen mine and 7 others money.

QUESTION: Does it appear that Baypar, Inc. dba Pacific Medical have some or all responsibility for returning my money? They own the "Instant Client" program, advertise and state the guarantee, and operate the program through and "affiliate company".

Who, or what agency do I contact in Mesa, Arizona regarding this problem? And...Who or what agency do I contact regarding Baypar, Inc. in San Diego, CA?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">