• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who or What?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marym

Who or what law gives lawyer's only the right to give legal advise? I'm currently a paralegal student debating with my fellow students the usual licensing or certification arguments. Many think that licensing would enable paras to open cheap legal clinics and I realize it's much deeper than that. I know each state has the power to determine exactly what legal advise is, but is it written in the constitution or what that only attorneys can give legal advise and they must get a certain # of school credits from an accredited school and pass the bar? Where can I find it spelled out? What is the tool that attorneys use to make their monopoly?

HomeGuru

Who are politicians that make the laws and the judges that interpret and enforce them? Who is the ABA?
Who can do a search on major search engines and the ABA on the subject "unlawful practice of law"?
An individual can practice law without certification, education or license via pro se. It's done all the time.
There are already cheap legal clinics and books, forms, software etc. for the do-it-yourselfers. You may be interested in the interesting case, the State of Texas v. Nolo Press.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

Your questions are objectionable, and betray a hostility towards authority.

You might also ask why only surgeons are permitted to perform surgery.

Think before you inquire.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">