• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays first?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

Wigglets, I agree with BuyLowSellHigh that the insurance money once received does not have to go to fixing the fence. The money is to compensate for the loss of property but there is no requirement that it be used to actually replace or repair the property.

Again, it will be nice to hear back from you with an update.

Wigglets

Wigglets, I agree with BuyLowSellHigh that the insurance money once received does not have to go to fixing the fence. The money is to compensate for the loss of property but there is no requirement that it be used to actually replace or repair the property.

Again, it will be nice to hear back from you with an update.
Well, I finally found someone who gave me an estimate and actually returned with it in writing so I could photo copy it for the insurance co. It was only $105 because I said they didn't have to use cement for the poles, and it didn't have to be pretty ... to save bucks. I then called Allstate which took FOREVER to speak to an actual person. The agent sent me an email to send the photo of the estimate. I sent it right away. Once Allstate got the estimate they direct deposited the money to me right away, 100% instead of only 80% as I was first told they were going to do. Sooooooooo, that's finally off my list of things to do. I appreciate all the help ya'll gave me while waiting for the outcome.

quincy

Well, I finally found someone who gave me an estimate and actually returned with it in writing so I could photo copy it for the insurance co. It was only $105 because I said they didn't have to use cement for the poles, and it didn't have to be pretty ... to save bucks. I then called Allstate which took FOREVER to speak to an actual person. The agent sent me an email to send the photo of the estimate. I sent it right away. Once Allstate got the estimate they direct deposited the money to me right away, 100% instead of only 80% as I was first told they were going to do. Sooooooooo, that's finally off my list of things to do. I appreciate all the help ya'll gave me while waiting for the outcome.
Thank you for the update, Wigglets.

I hope the company you contacted for the estimate on your fence repair/replacement didn’t do you a disservice by coming in with such a low estimate - but if you are happy, we are happy.

Wigglets

I told them it didn't have to be pretty ... and it isn't. I was just glad, and amazed, that Allstate paid it all instead of just 80% as first quoted.

quincy

I told them it didn't have to be pretty ... and it isn't. I was just glad, and amazed, that Allstate paid it all instead of just 80% as first quoted.
I am happy that you are pleased with how everything worked out for you. The 100% is certainly nicer than 80%.

Thanks again for keeping us informed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">