• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays for damage in parking lot?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elainep8

What is the name of your state? California

Employer owns and controls parking lot (as opposed to shared parking lot at a mall). Come out of work to discover four slashed tires. Suspect a co-worker but can't prove it. Who pays for my towing, new tires, etc?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

elainep8 said:
What is the name of your state? California

Employer owns and controls parking lot (as opposed to shared parking lot at a mall). Come out of work to discover four slashed tires. Suspect a co-worker but can't prove it. Who pays for my towing, new tires, etc?

My response:

Your insurance.

IAAL

elainep8

Who pays for damage in parking lot

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Your insurance.

IAAL
If it is on the employer's property, why would they not be responsible? If a thief can sue me for getting hurt while burglarizing my house, why can't an employer be responsible for vandalism to my car while on its property?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

elainep8 said:
If it is on the employer's property, why would they not be responsible? If a thief can sue me for getting hurt while burglarizing my house, why can't an employer be responsible for vandalism to my car while on its property?
Are you taking a college level course in stupidity? Was the business owner out in the parking lot directing traffic? Did you tell the owner "Hey, I'm going to let this guy hit my car"

JESUS H. CHRIST! Sue the city the next time you get in an accident on the street if that's how you feel. :rolleyes:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Okay, let's take it from this angle - - how many similar criminal acts have occurred on your employer's property, and over what span of time?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">