• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who Pays for easement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Conchita

What is the name of your state? MA

I am in the process of selling a home and it was discovered that part of my neighbors house is on my property. They would like an easement in order to be able to maintain the corner of thier home. I do not have a problem with this, but who pays to record the easement with the county?

BelizeBreeze

Conchita said:
What is the name of your state? MA

I am in the process of selling a home and it was discovered that part of my neighbors house is on my property. They would like an easement in order to be able to maintain the corner of thier home. I do not have a problem with this, but who pays to record the easement with the county?
That's negotiable.

Tell them if they want the easement they can pay the expenses. If not, no easement.

FarmerJ

This is a perfect time for you to see a real estate atty and have them draw up the easement and have it include language that states that if the home is rebuilt. due to fire, act of nature or any kind of major renovation occurs like huge additions or some one who wants the land and is going to tear it down and build a new house that the easement will expire, so that way the owner will be forced to rebuild with the house set back farther so the easement wont be needed any more. and yes as the other reply said the people next door can pay for it. When you talk with them put on your salesperson hat and give them good reason why they should pay . example is that this will be cheaper to settle this now and never have it come up again compared to having to go to a lawyer and sue to get the easement.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">