• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who pays for water?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lakeside

In our building the water pipes go back to another buiding.
A new tenant moved in(no one had rented it for 2 years) They are on our water line-which I am paying for. The landord says "It does not cost that much" Can he make us pay for their water?

T

TimC

I would like some clarification on this, too.

I own a double house in NY. I rent both halves out. My understanding is that because it is a multi-unit situation sharing a common water bill, that the LANDLORD is responsible for the bill. This is because it is quite difficult to determine who uses more water!

HomeGuru

I own duplexes and in the leases it states that tenants will pay half of the water and sewer bill. The bill comes to me and I simply forward a copy to the tenants and request that they pay half.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">