• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who to name as respondent in protection order against police harassment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My university harassed me from the years 2002 through 2014. From 2011 -- 2012, I was viciously harassed by an academic adviser. I threatened litigation. It appears that the university flagged me as a legal threat to the university police department, and now I am encountering harassment everywhere I go, including my current apartment complex. I have an abundance of evidence including voice recordings and video recordings of threats, assaults and harassment. The police have provided admissions in my police encounters (deprived protection every time) that they are behind the harassment. This is 100% proven with the evidence I have (pretty much).

If I go to court and get to present my testimony -- with supporting evidence -- to the judge I will be able to prove, without a doubt, that the police are ordering people to do violence to me and harass me in order to protect my former university, retaliate against me, and ruin my life.

I need an immediate protection order but the court will not accept a John Doe defendant on a protection order. It looks like I can file for an injunction against a John Doe with my legal complaint but that is treated as an extraordinary remedy and the relief I need is a basic entitlement to all of mankind -- the right to be free of crime. This is not an extraordinary remedy, and I should not have to do an injunction. I need immediate relief.

So the question is -- who should I name as the respondent? I theorize that the head of the Police Department, that is the Chief of Police, or the commander in the separate district will have at the very least, authorized, or given the 'green light' for the officers to harass me with my landlord, employers, etc. Should I just name this person as the respondent and tell them to call off the attack or reveal the names of the guilty parties?

I've contacted the departments and they WILL NOT TALK but have made it clear they are involved, and that it is a 'department' matter (this is not the unlawful actions of a single officer). This suggests it would have the approval of the formal chief (and if he's giving the green light then he's the primary order giver or offender).

I need immediate relief. Please help...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
This forum is for US law matters only. You didn't tell us your state, so I have no idea if you're in the US. My response is being made based upon my assumption that you are in the US.

You are not going to get "immediate relief" - much less any relief. You can't get a protection order against the police. You can't even file a lawsuit against the police without first making a claim against them.

Honestly, your best bet may be to move.

Just Blue

My university harassed me from the years 2002 through 2014. From 2011 -- 2012, I was viciously harassed by an academic adviser. I threatened litigation. It appears that the university flagged me as a legal threat to the university police department, and now I am encountering harassment everywhere I go, including my current apartment complex. I have an abundance of evidence including voice recordings and video recordings of threats, assaults and harassment. The police have provided admissions in my police encounters (deprived protection every time) that they are behind the harassment. This is 100% proven with the evidence I have (pretty much).

If I go to court and get to present my testimony -- with supporting evidence -- to the judge I will be able to prove, without a doubt, that the police are ordering people to do violence to me and harass me in order to protect my former university, retaliate against me, and ruin my life.

I need an immediate protection order but the court will not accept a John Doe defendant on a protection order. It looks like I can file for an injunction against a John Doe with my legal complaint but that is treated as an extraordinary remedy and the relief I need is a basic entitlement to all of mankind -- the right to be free of crime. This is not an extraordinary remedy, and I should not have to do an injunction. I need immediate relief.

So the question is -- who should I name as the respondent? I theorize that the head of the Police Department, that is the Chief of Police, or the commander in the separate district will have at the very least, authorized, or given the 'green light' for the officers to harass me with my landlord, employers, etc. Should I just name this person as the respondent and tell them to call off the attack or reveal the names of the guilty parties?

I've contacted the departments and they WILL NOT TALK but have made it clear they are involved, and that it is a 'department' matter (this is not the unlawful actions of a single officer). This suggests it would have the approval of the formal chief (and if he's giving the green light then he's the primary order giver or offender).

I need immediate relief. Please help...
Are you a student? Teacher? Why did this "harassment" start?

This forum is for US law matters only. You didn't tell us your state, so I have no idea if you're in the US. My response is being made based upon my assumption that you are in the US.

You are not going to get "immediate relief" - much less any relief. You can't get a protection order against the police. You can't even file a lawsuit against the police without first making a claim against them.

Honestly, your best bet may be to move.
Yes -- I live in the US. And I'm not asking for a protection order against the police or city sui generis, I need to know the name of the person commanding the harassment.

I find that advice extremely suspicious. I search the web for protection order against police officers and I find that people that taken them out before. And this includes officers that were acting on their job. Stalking law includes the possibility of one party getting other parties to harass a target so I could get the name of the head harasser and get the order taken out. The courthouse told me I could file the protection order if I had the name and DOB of the offender, and even suggested contacting the chief of police or the head of the agency. In Bivens vs. John Doe the U.S. Attorney identified the names of the offending agents. This should have been as simple as that...

What do you mean you can't file a lawsuit without first making a claim against them? What do you mean by that? What sort of claim?

Last edited:
Are you a student? Teacher? Why did this "harassment" start?
I'm a graduate of the university. I took time off after graduation to put a stop to retaliation. It was an adviser that was making death threats at me, blackmailing me, and quid pro quo sexually harassing me.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Yes -- I live in the US. And I'm not asking for a protection order against the police or city sui generis, I need to know the name of the person commanding the harassment.

I find that advice extremely suspicious. I search the web for protection order against police officers and I find that people that taken them out before. And this includes officers that were acting on their job. Stalking law includes the possibility of one party getting other parties to harass a target so I could get the name of the head harasser and get the order taken out. The courthouse told me I could file the protection order if I had the name and DOB of the offender, and even suggested contacting the chief of police or the head of the agency. In Bivens vs. John Doe the U.S. Attorney identified the names of the offending agents. This should have been as simple as that...

What do you mean you can't file a lawsuit without first making a claim against them? What do you mean by that? What sort of claim?
Theunrealthing, I believe what you need can't be found on an online forum. If you're currently seeing a psychiatrist, I recommend letting them know about your belief that you're being harassed. If you're not seeing one, I believe you'd benefit from making an appointment as soon as practical.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
States vary. Ask the police how you can file a claim.
Let's just take this as a logic puzzle. If you get an order of protection against the police to prevent them from harassing you, then who is going to enforce that order of protection? What a conundrum...

Theunrealthing, I believe what you need can't be found on an online forum. If you're currently seeing a psychiatrist, I recommend letting them know about your belief that you're being harassed. If you're not seeing one, I believe you'd benefit from making an appointment as soon as practical.
You're harassing me right there. Oh wow -- allegations of harassment. That's patently delusional? If that's what you think you're delusional dude.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
You're harassing me right there. Oh wow -- allegations of harassment. That's patently delusional? If that's what you think you're delusional dude.
The fact that you think Zigner's response is harassment is exactly why I believe you're suffering under a delusion. Unfortunately, that's the nature of delusions; you're unable to accurately ascertain what is reality and what isn't.

I do wish you the best.

Last edited:
States vary. Ask the police how you can file a claim.
Let's just take this as a logic puzzle. If you get an order of protection against the police to prevent them from harassing you, then who is going to enforce that order of protection? What a conundrum...
You still haven't stated what you mean by 'claim.' You mean exhaust my institutional remedies? I called internal affairs and they refused to admit the harassment. They don't want to play ball, which is expected. They are doing something criminal and are trying to avoid liability. Do you think the police are actually going to confess? They NEVER admit to wrongdoing. Just look at all the people that get shot and killed by the police. It's the same response every time -- blame the victim, no matter how egregious the situation is.

As for enforcing the order. I will get the protection order. At the very least I will prove their harassing me in court, get a court order to stop the harassment, and that lays down the law. That establishes the terms of the relationship -- if they ever try to charge me with anything, then at least I have proven the state has a history of misconduct (they are trying to induce me to criminality while lying about breaching my due process rights). That way I can get some protections.

If they refuse to stop, then I can cite the protection order in my dealings with police, and get the edge that way in the encounters, to help enforce my rights under the law. If they still harass, I file the complaint with the court informing the court of the breach of the order, and the judge orders the FBI, US attorney or other official commanding law enforcement to halt the behavior or prosecute the offender.

By that same conundrum -- who enforces a permanent injunction against the police at the end of a civil suit? Sounds like you're working for the police trying to intimidate.

The fact that you thing Zigner's response is harassment is exactly why I believe you're suffering under a delusion. Unfortunately, that's the nature of delusions; you're unable to accurately ascertain what is reality and what isn't.

I do wish you the best.
When did I say it was harassment? I suspected it was fraud. I've seen numerous protection orders taken out against police officers. I don't think you realize how strong my evidence is. I can prove the police guilty. And make you look like an idiot to boot for doubting me.

Eekamouse

You still haven't stated what you mean by 'claim.' You mean exhaust my institutional remedies? I called internal affairs and they refused to admit the harassment. They don't want to play ball, which is expected. They are doing something criminal and are trying to avoid liability. Do you think the police are actually going to confess? They NEVER admit to wrongdoing. Just look at all the people that get shot and killed by the police. It's the same response every time -- blame the victim, no matter how egregious the situation is.

As for enforcing the order. I will get the protection order. At the very least I will prove their harassing me in court, get a court order to stop the harassment, and that lays down the law. That establishes the terms of the relationship -- if they ever try to charge me with anything, then at least I have proven the state has a history of misconduct (they are trying to induce me to criminality while lying about breaching my due process rights). That way I can get some protections.

If they refuse to stop, then I can cite the protection order in my dealings with police, and get the edge that way in the encounters, to help enforce my rights under the law. If they still harass, I file the complaint with the court informing the court of the breach of the order, and the judge orders the FBI, US attorney or other official commanding law enforcement to halt the behavior or prosecute the offender.
What can you PROVE of their supposed harassment of you? Is it the entire police force or someone in particular on the police force?

What can you PROVE of their supposed harassment of you? Is it the entire police force or someone in particular on the police force?
I can prove a pattern of violent crime being directed at me and I can prove that the police is behind it. And yes -- the whole department is involved. It is clear that someone is commanding the police to harass me, and that it is being formally sanctioned by the institution itself and that every officer at the station knows I'm being targeted. They are carrying out orders.

xylene

You're a smart person, you have degree and are articulate.

People are saying this sounds delusional because what you are describing fits the fact pattern of a delusion of persecution.

Please get that under perspective with psychiatric help. Because your claim will be dismissed again and again if you don't, even if there are legitimate concerns.

Eekamouse

I can prove a pattern of violent crime being directed at me and I can prove that the police is behind it. And yes -- the whole department is involved. It is clear that someone is commanding the police to harass me, and that it is being formally sanctioned by the institution itself and that every officer at the station knows I'm being targeted. They are carrying out orders.
You aren't that important. Why target you? What makes you a threat to them? Do you know of their secret plans? Do they have a secret lair that you've accidentally discovered? Have you been mistaken for an intergalactic spy? Is Dr Evil behind it all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">