• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who would be beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Timo cally

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
My step mom and my blood Dad have an insurance policy naming themselves as beneficiaries .My Dad passed in April and insurance company paid my step Mom. My S. Mom passed recently and my Dad is beneficiary (No longer living), who would the beneficiary be me or My step Moms children . They never changed the policy after my Dad passed . Thanks in advance:)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

anteater

You say that this is one policy. And that proceeds were paid when your father died. There are joint life insurance policies that pay when the first of the insureds die. And there are joint policies that pay when the survivor of the insureds dies. But I've never seen one that pays when each of the insureds dies. Are you certain that there are any proceeds payable upon stepmother's death?

If there are, unless there are contingent beneficiaries or the contract itself contains provisions regarding a predeceased beneficiary, then the proceeds would normally be payable to the beneficiary's estate.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">