• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who's insurance should pay?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nbarnhil

My roommate wrecked my car in November, and claims she will not pay unless I take her to court and I win. SHe says that it can be avoided if I give the estimate of $787 to my insurance company and they bill her insurance company. How would this work and how will it effect my insurance rates and my $500 deductible(who pays the deduct.)? Would it be wiser to take her to court and sue for the total cost? And, by giving the estimate to mine to send to hers, who's insurance will be effected in what ways?

ALawyer

It is hard to guess, BUT your company would likely pay you less the deductible, and may complain and cancel the policy if you authorized someone not on the insurance to drive your car.

If she has insurance, tell her you will take her to small claims court and she should report it to her company. She created the problem, and she should fix it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">