• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who's responsible

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Momof3&SMomof3

What is the name of your state? MI

I cases of divorce. And let's say the mother takes the child to the Dr's. ie, therapist. Who should the DR. Bill?

The father carries the insurance but the mother is the one who takes them and gives them puts the father down to be responsible.

Father called therapist and asked to be removed and was told can't do it. You carry the insurance therefore, you are responsible.

What are Michigan law's regarding this situation. They are not married she has physical custody. And of course she takes them.

Neal1421

Momof3&SMomof3 said:
What is the name of your state? MI

I cases of divorce. And let's say the mother takes the child to the Dr's. ie, therapist. Who should the DR. Bill?

The father carries the insurance but the mother is the one who takes them and gives them puts the father down to be responsible.

Father called therapist and asked to be removed and was told can't do it. You carry the insurance therefore, you are responsible.

What are Michigan law's regarding this situation. They are not married she has physical custody. And of course she takes them.
What does their court order say?

Momof3&SMomof3

it doesnt say, And i don't think that it should be a child support question. I wanted to know what the laws are in the healthcare field.

I mean let's say I go to the dr's. I sign the consent form for myself to get treatment. But the insurance I am using is my Ex-husbands. We are not married he jsut holds the insurance.
Why should the office send the bill to him and expect him to pay for it when he didn't sign consent. I worked for 3 years at a childrens specialty clinic. And we were always told whoever brings the child in and signs for that day. It doesn't matte if its an Aunt, Uncle, Mother. WHoever brought and signed was the one responsible.
that is the only reason why I am asking.

Thanks

ellencee

Momof3&SMomof3 said:
it doesnt say, And i don't think that it should be a child support question. I wanted to know what the laws are in the healthcare field.

I mean let's say I go to the dr's. I sign the consent form for myself to get treatment. But the insurance I am using is my Ex-husbands. We are not married he jsut holds the insurance.
Why should the office send the bill to him and expect him to pay for it when he didn't sign consent. I worked for 3 years at a childrens specialty clinic. And we were always told whoever brings the child in and signs for that day. It doesn't matte if its an Aunt, Uncle, Mother. WHoever brought and signed was the one responsible.
that is the only reason why I am asking.

Thanks
This is a child support question, not a medical/healthcare question and certainly not medical malpractice. Post this in the child support section if you truly want an answer.
EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">