• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why is Washington State keeping my kids?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Oregon now. 3 years ago my wife and I separated. At that time We were living in Washington State. She moved to Yakima area, I moved to Bellingham. She took the kids. 6 months pass, and my children were physically abused by either her or her new boyfriend(just started trial, no one convicted yet). Yakima county CPS took over. During their investigation, I was not allowed to see my kids. When it was proven I had nothing to do with the abuse, I was still not looked upon as placement for my children. My question to you is, I've been jumping through Washington's hoops for over two years, from parenting clases to having to drive to Yakima from Bend, Oregon...450 miles round trip,and Child Support. How does Washington State have the rights to keep my children, shouldn't they have been given to me after I was proven to have nothing with the abuse?

Thank You,
I just my kids back

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential