• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why?What?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmcnair

:confused: Marion, Indiana....My boyfriend was charged with a CLASS A And CLASS B drug felony and the A was dropped but he was sentenced to an eight do four, but the problem is he was not caught with drugs only someone had said he sold to them, but never appeared in court. We have tried for a modification but we have not recieved a reply from the courts and it has been six months...what can we do to get him home???

Happy Trails

tmcnair said:
:confused: Marion, Indiana....My boyfriend was charged with a CLASS A And CLASS B drug felony and the A was dropped but he was sentenced to an eight do four, but the problem is he was not caught with drugs only someone had said he sold to them, but never appeared in court. We have tried for a modification but we have not recieved a reply from the courts and it has been six months...what can we do to get him home???
Sounds to me, he may have sold to an undercover cop. He accepted the offer and now will serve his time.

There is more to the story that you may not be getting.

smutlydog

tmcnair said:
If he was sentenced then he must have plead guilty.The informant doesn't have to show up to any kind of court date or hearing if thats the case.

If the cops did their job right they searched the informant before he made the controlled puchase and probably never let their eyes off him. It doesn't make any difference if your boyfriend had any drugs on him or not.It's hard but not impossible to beat a case involving someone making a controlled buy.

tmcnair

smutlydog said:
If he was sentenced then he must have plead guilty.The informant doesn't have to show up to any kind of court date or hearing if thats the case.

If the cops did their job right they searched the informant before he made the controlled puchase and probably never let their eyes off him. It doesn't make any difference if your boyfriend had any drugs on him or not.It's hard but not impossible to beat a case involving someone making a controlled buy.
thanks for some sort of insight not what I wanted to hear but the truth is always best...I guess

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">