• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why would a creditor be asking for this now?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hunterman

Minnesota

Background information: filed chapter 7 no assets in February, was converted to chapter 7 with assets in March, received discharge on June 1.

I received the following letter from NCO Financial Systems located in Virginia Beach, Virginia. The enclosed item they are referring to is a copy of my discharge from June 1. On the discharge they stamped "received on August 12, 2005."

-----------------------------------------
"To Whom It May Concern:

We are unable to identify the appropriate account pertaining to the enclosed item we have received.

The identifiers we use are customer or debtor name, customer mailing address, creditor name, and creditor account number. At a minimum, we require a customer or debtor name and a creditor account number.

If you can provide the above information, we will be happy to process the returned item.

Thank you for your assistance."
-------------------------------------

One of the debt collection agencies I listed when I filed was NCO Financial. They were sent, by the court, information that we had filed in February. They were sent a notice to submit a claim in March. They were sent a copy of the discharge in June.

Why would they be asking us for any information at this time?
Should I just ignore their letter?

seniorjudge

They have a billion accounts and they can't find yours.

If you want them to leave you alone, tell them the info they need (and include a bill from them).

Keep photocopies of everything you send them with your bankruptcy file that you are keeping.

If hearing from them doesn't bother you, then ignore the letter.

Ladynred

Don't send them ANYTHING. If they failed to make a claim their sh*t outta luck, the debt has been discharged and you are in no way lialbe for anything.
File the letter and get on with your life, there's no reason to respond with anything.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">