• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WI Divorce questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mschmi5

I live in WI and I am looking at filing for divorce from my husband of almost 3 years. We have a daughter together who is almost 2. Our marriage has been 'over' in my eyes for almost a year now, but I'm just now finally getting the courage to do something about it. I want primary custody of my daughter, with him being allowed supervised visitation with his parents being around. I can't let him and my daughter be alone together for various reasons-he has a chronic condition epilepsy that is currently not controlled with medication, he's unable to drive currently due to his condition, and most importantly he has anger issues causing him to snap at anytime. He was also currently hospitalized and had to be restrained because he punched a nurse. He is supposed to go to AODA which was recommended by a psychiatrist, but he Has changed his mind now and thinks he doesn't need it. So my question is how do I go about showing the judge he shouldn't be allowed to be alone with her? Can hospital records be used to prove a point?

Last edited:

Just Blue

I live in WI and I am looking at filing for divorce from my husband of almost 3 years. We have a daughter together who is almost 2. Our marriage has been 'over' in my eyes for almost a year now, but I'm just now finally getting the courage to do something about it. I want primary custody of my daughter, with him being allowed supervised visitation with his parents being around. I can't let him and my daughter be alone together for various reasons-he has a chronic condition epilepsy that is currently not controlled with medication, he's unable to drive currently due to his condition, and most importantly he has anger issues causing him to snap at anytime. He was also currently hospitalized and had to be restrained because he punched a nurse. He is supposed to go to AODA which was recommended by a psychiatrist, but he Has changed his mind now and thinks he doesn't need it. So my question is how do I go about showing the judge he shouldn't be allowed to be alone with her? Can hospital records be used to prove a point?
I would advise you based on the ^ post to hire an attorney.

LdiJ

I agree with the other poster that you need an attorney. You have valid reasons to have concerns about him being alone with a small child and valid reasons to ask that his parents supervise his parenting time. However, without an attorney to properly present that to a judge, you might not be able to convince a judge of the necessity.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">