• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife fell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kken409

What is the name of your state?NY. My wife at work out in parking lot on ice.Other people fell same day but she was only one hurt,She shattered her elbow, She has been opperated on and rebuilt elbow, Now shes in theripy and is having rough go of it ,Painful.She has been told she probley wont get full motion back.She is getting workmans comp. ,It is not much and having rough time making it,Im her husband and I am disabled .I dont no what to do so ,maybe I could get some advice ,Do I need a Lawyer, I can be Emailed at [email protected]

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Certainly you can get a lawyer, if you're thinking about having him negotiate your wife's final settlement with the workers comp carrier, when it gets to that point. But if you're thinking of suing her employer, no, you can't do that. Workers comp is her SOLE recourse.

And, if I may say so, in some states she wouldn't be eligiblefor workers comp if she fell in the parking lot on her own time. At least you were in a state where she was able to file a w/c claim.

Beth3

As cbg stated, you're certainly free to get a lawyer but nothing in your post suggests you need to do so. The employer/their WC carrier have accepted liability for your wife's injury, they're paying her medical bills, and she's receiving indemnity payments.

When she reaches MMI (maximum medical improvement), which will likely be some time yet, she will receive a permanent partial disability settlement if she is left with any permanent impairment. The PPD settlement will be based on her doctor's findings at that time, along with any recommendation made by a doctor of the WC carrier's choosing if they feel that is necessary, and whatever your State's WC regulations stipulate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">