• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife has my truck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kayandy912

What is the name of your state?Texas
Hi all....
In my divorce decree it stated that I was to give my truck to my ex-wife if I could not have it refinanced into my name only within 90 days of the divorce. Well, guess what, I couldn't have it refinanced so, she now has my truck and a new car. I just found out yesterday that she is going to have the finance company repo the truck. I was contacted by the finance company and they told me that they could not do it without my permission because I am the applicant and she is the co-applicant. I don't want my truck to go back because it will hurt my credit. I don't understand why she would take my truck only to get rid of it because it will hurt her credit also. Are there some papers I can sign that can force the finance company to put it in her name only or take it out of her name and put it in my name only? I have told them the story and have been told that they do not refinance vehicles. I would have to have it refinanced through someplace else. I have tried numerous times with several banks and have been turned down. Please can someone tell me if there is anything that can be done about this? :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">