• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife's bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

need help bad

What is the name of your state? or. my wife is incapabale of handling money or money matters.she continually makes bills which i must pay but caint afford.divorce is not an option.(i love her) is there some way i can make a legal disclaimer so i will not be responsible for her bills. its an addiction ,sickness,etc,etc, or what ever,but no amount of reasoning with her ever helps. she has a brain tumor which is inoperable thanks. need help bad

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

need help bad said:
What is the name of your state? or. my wife is incapabale of handling money or money matters.she continually makes bills which i must pay but caint afford.divorce is not an option.(i love her) is there some way i can make a legal disclaimer so i will not be responsible for her bills. its an addiction ,sickness,etc,etc, or what ever,but no amount of reasoning with her ever helps. she has a brain tumor which is inoperable thanks. need help bad

My response:

Why are you paying her bills? Oregon is a "separate property" State. You're not liable for her charge cards, etc., unless your name also appears on the credit card application and charge cards.

IAAL

A

advicesucks

what do you mean she "makes bills"? you mean she gets credit cards and charges stuff? mail order? something else? you need to be more specific.

If the credit cards are joint accounts, you are liable and your credit could suffer if you dont pay them. If she opened them in her name, youre OK.

sorry to hear about your Wifes condition,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">