• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I get a ticket if I drove on green, when a fire truck was approaching from opposite side of the byway?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hi91

I was driving in Davis California today morning while coming to my office and was waiting at a 4 way intersection for the traffic signal to turn green. After it turned green, I went straight but noticed the other cars didn't start moving. Then I realized there was fire engine coming form the opposite side (though it went straight). I admit what I did is not correct but it was not intentional but I should be more careful from the next time. My question is, will I get a ticket or citation for it ? Can tickets or citations be directly sent in mailbox? I am afraid.

Thanks.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I was driving in Davis California today morning while coming to my office and was waiting at a 4 way intersection for the traffic signal to turn green. After it turned green, I went straight but noticed the other cars didn't start moving. Then I realized there was fire engine coming form the opposite side (though it went straight). I admit what I did is not correct but it was not intentional but I should be more careful from the next time. My question is, will I get a ticket or citation for it ? Can tickets or citations be directly sent in mailbox? I am afraid.

Thanks.
The chances of you receiving a citation based on what you have described are virtually non-existent. Don't worry about it.

adjusterjack

Then I realized there was fire engine coming form the opposite side (though it went straight).
When that happens, you stop, even if the fire truck is abreast of you. That prepares you for any other emergency vehicle that may come along seconds later.

Don't sweat it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">