• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will i get jail time?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s_angelia23

What is the name of your state?oh

Could I get jail time for setting my apartment on fire twice and saying my exs wife did it? Im trying to see my kids again since they havent let me see them for 2 years and now they are saying they have proof I did it and I cant go to jail.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state?oh

Could I get jail time for setting my apartment on fire twice and saying my exs wife did it? Im trying to see my kids again since they havent let me see them for 2 years and now they are saying they have proof I did it and I cant go to jail.
So you think arson was the way to see the children? You need mental help. And yes. You most certainly CAN go to PRISON for arson.

OhioGAL may respond to your thread(s) so stick around.

S

s_angelia23

I figured if my ex was married to someone who is an obvious threat to me and my kids that I could get full custody. These people are horrible. They wont let me see my kids, talk to them, or know anything about them. His wife homeschools them so I cant even see them at school. She has completely alienated me from my own kids from day 1.

Just Blue

I figured if my ex was married to someone who is an obvious threat to me and my kids that I could get full custody. These people are horrible. They wont let me see my kids, talk to them, or know anything about them. His wife homeschools them so I cant even see them at school. She has completely alienated me from my own kids from day 1.
Then the answer is/was to go to court and get help there. No setting your apt on fire and endangering lives! For Christ SAKE! You could have killed someone! The only obvious threat is you.

S

s_angelia23

The courts didn't help! I tried going there first and all they did was give him a slap on the wrist and told me to get a long with him. How can someone get along with an asshole who doesn't allow his kids to see their own MOTHER let alone allow some crazy woman years younger than him play mommy? They said my kids don't even know who I am anymore.

Just Blue

The courts didn't help! I tried going there first and all they did was give him a slap on the wrist and told me to get a long with him. How can someone get along with an asshole who doesn't allow his kids to see their own MOTHER let alone allow some crazy woman years younger than him play mommy? They said my kids don't even know who I am anymore.
Then you file for contempt. You don't risk lives and destroy someone else's property by setting fires. What would you do if a firefighter was killed because of your actions?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Have you been denied your court-ordered visitation?

S

s_angelia23

I already tried that and they were small fires that barely burned even the one on my door didnt even set off my smoke alarm. No one was going to get hurt I jjust wanted to be able to get my kids back home safe.

S

s_angelia23

Have you been denied your court-ordered visitation?
only twice. One he said was because I showed up in a strangers car because i cant drive from losing my license and had to use an uber and the second time was because he said if someone is setting my apartment on fire then its not safe for the kids to be there.

PayrollHRGuy

only twice. One he said was because I showed up in a strangers car because i cant drive from losing my license and had to use an uber and the second time was because he said if someone is setting my apartment on fire then its not safe for the kids to be there.
And he would be correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">