• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will I receive $ due me after termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My boss & the salesperson I process orders for decided to fire me 2 weeks ago because they discovered from a former employee who now works for a company where I interviewed that I was looking for a job. I had requested that my boss move me to a higher producing salesperson as long ago as January
because the salesperson I process for has been in a slump which has caused my income to decline. April was the busiest month my salesperson had had in nearly a year so they didn't want to fire me until I had completed April's work. I did find another job and placed letters of resignation on the desks of my boss, her boss & the salesperson around 2pm Thursday. Within minutes I was accosted in the hallway by my boss who informed me that she had planned to fire me in 2 hours anyway. She ordered me to clean out my desk and get out. The HR Manager came to my desk and nicely asked me to be sure to bring her my timecard before I left. My boss stood by my desk urging me to hurry. I completed my timecard and then began working on my commission report for the month of April, which would be paid May 15. My boss asked what I was doing and smirked when I told her that I was completing the commission report. The HR Manager confirmed that the commission I receive from the salesperson is totally at the salesperson's discretion. I also receive some per loan bonus from the company and I suppose they plan to pay that. I have worked for this company for 5 years and always received commission income diverted by the salesperson from their paycheck to mine. The company expects them to pay commission so that salaries don't need to be very high. The salesperson in question paid the same amount per loan to me every month for the past 29 months. I have the commission reports and paychecks to prove it. Can they refuse to pay me this money?

D

DT7777

No, they can't. You are entitled to this as compensation for work done. If they do refuse, I suggest you consult with a labor/employment attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">