• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Offender know WHO requested restitution?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BluePurple

What is the name of your state? California.

I am the victim of a crime and I have been sent a 'Victim Restitution Request' form.
I am concerned if I request restitution, will the offender know WHO requested that they pay restitution or will they simply be informed of how much they have to pay?
Also, will they be given the amount they must pay in total (there are multiple victim's) or will they be informed of how much each individual is requesting?

I'm concerned about him being able to identify me based on my name or the amount I'm requesting.

Thank you very much.

quincy

What is the name of your state? California.

I am the victim of a crime and I have been sent a 'Victim Restitution Request' form.
I am concerned if I request restitution, will the offender know WHO requested that they pay restitution or will they simply be informed of how much they have to pay?
Also, will they be given the amount they must pay in total (there are multiple victim's) or will they be informed of how much each individual is requesting?

I'm concerned about him being able to identify me based on my name or the amount I'm requesting.

Thank you very much.
You should already be known to the offender if you are one of the victims. But your contact information and confidential personal information is never given to the offender.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">