• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will Rights of only blood relative

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Bcorkern

What is the name of your state? MS
My mom passed yesterday leaving my step father. Do I have any Rights to her assets.

ShyCat

Maybe. Maybe not.

It depends on if she had a will giving you any of her assets, if accounts/property were held jointly with her husband or had designated beneficiaries, etc. Without any details, no one here can tell you one way or another.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state? MS
My mom passed yesterday leaving my step father. Do I have any Rights to her assets.
Your mom died yesterday and you are worried about money? Quite frankly, you deserve NOTHING. You are presenting yourself as a gold digger. What are you contributing to the costs of burying or cremating her? (each is voluntary). What are you doing to console your step father? What are you doing for the positive?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">