• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will this hold up in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rosekristense

Iowa. charged with delivery from 2 yrs ago. Alledgedly A ci gave a ride to a ui dropping him off at my house...ci never came inside. Ui came in only. Ci and ui girlfriend left. Returned a bit later picking up ui walking down the street. They were watched then going to a gas station b4 leaving town and getting dropped off by ci. Ci then met police at designated location was searched and provided 7.6g of meth. Neither UI was ever searched...and CI never came into contact with me. Video and audio were conducted between CI and UI only. Marked bills were distributed but never recovered. No search warrant ever conducted. No other alledged buys were done. I went to prison 1 yr later for unrelated misdemenor theft charges. Served 9 months prison..paroled. 1 month after being parloed..warrent issued for me. Class B felony. Delivery/possession of over 5 grams.

No search warrant. Sounds like they were invited into your house so none was needed as they weren't searching for anything.
And the buyer came out of your house with 7.6g of meth. Trust me on this, when someone, other than an officer is sent in for an undercover buy they are searched before and after. Drug users/buyers/sellers are not renowned for being trustworthy.
It was your house, someone came into your house and bought drugs and now your are being charged with supplying those drugs.
Get a good attorney.

quincy

Iowa. charged with delivery from 2 yrs ago. Alledgedly A ci gave a ride to a ui dropping him off at my house...ci never came inside. Ui came in only. Ci and ui girlfriend left. Returned a bit later picking up ui walking down the street. They were watched then going to a gas station b4 leaving town and getting dropped off by ci. Ci then met police at designated location was searched and provided 7.6g of meth. Neither UI was ever searched...and CI never came into contact with me. Video and audio were conducted between CI and UI only. Marked bills were distributed but never recovered. No search warrant ever conducted. No other alledged buys were done. I went to prison 1 yr later for unrelated misdemenor theft charges. Served 9 months prison..paroled. 1 month after being parloed..warrent issued for me. Class B felony. Delivery/possession of over 5 grams.
There appears to be enough evidence for a conviction.

You will want a good criminal defense attorney. The attorney will review the evidence against you and how it was collected to see if there is any way to get it suppressed and/or the charges dismissed.

If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to help in your defense.

Good luck.

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
Please change your username.

You need to protect your personal information and a warrant isn't needed to view a public post.

quincy

Agreed! If you used your real name as a username, this thread can turn up on a search of your name.

Internet searches by law enforcement for information on suspects in a crime are not unusual. What is posted online about your involvement in a crime can be used against you.

If you want a username change, contact the administrator of this site through the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of this page.

And, again, you will want an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">