• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will/trust = premarital agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

housedaniel

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am going to remarried soon.
Can we make a premarital agreement with these words: ***"All property which belongs to each of the above parties shall be, and shall forever remain, their personal estate, including all interest, rents, and profits which may accrue from said property, and said property shall remain forever free of claim by the other",
and at the same time make a TRUST with my wishes in case of my death?
I would like to put the name of my 3 kids and her name in the TRUST. Can my kids make something against her because of our premarital agreement?

Another option: Can I make a premarital agreement with those words *** and with my wishes after my death too? Is that possible? If possible I would not have to make a TRUST?

Well, sorry about the long question, but I am going to make it thinking about the possibility of the future and second divorce and at the same time thinking that I can stay with her till the death and I do not want she has any problems with my kids and laws.
THANKS!!! Daniel

divgradcurl

housedaniel said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Maryland

I am going to remarried soon.
Can we make a premarital agreement with these words: ***"All property which belongs to each of the above parties shall be, and shall forever remain, their personal estate, including all interest, rents, and profits which may accrue from said property, and said property shall remain forever free of claim by the other",
and at the same time make a TRUST with my wishes in case of my death?
I would like to put the name of my 3 kids and her name in the TRUST. Can my kids make something against her because of our premarital agreement?

Another option: Can I make a premarital agreement with those words *** and with my wishes after my death too? Is that possible? If possible I would not have to make a TRUST?

Well, sorry about the long question, but I am going to make it thinking about the possibility of the future and second divorce and at the same time thinking that I can stay with her till the death and I do not want she has any problems with my kids and laws.
THANKS!!! Daniel

If you want to do things right, hire an attorney. You can do a lot with premarital agreements, you can do a lot with wills and trusts -- but if they aren't done exactly by the rules, they can all be contested, and since that's what you want to avoid, hire a lawyer up front, and make sure everything is done right the first time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">