• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Window company contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Trish456

I told the company I wanted to cancel the contract. My husbands grandmother passed on the day we were supposed to send it in. I did sign with the first company then, being new home owners we should of looked around more. They quoted me 22,000 and the other two were both 12,000-14,000. I haven’t paid them anything and they’re saying they will charge me half of the cost or do the project. The finance rep from the company said they would change the project around and give us a lower cost. The project manager called me and had no idea this was my intention. I haven’t given them any money and they haven’t even done secondary measurements. Why can’t I camel? Just because of the binding piece of paper that gave me a date?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What US state?
What sequence led up to you signing the contract? Did you go in to a store? Did you communicate online? Did the salesperson come to your house? How long ago did you sign?

Trish456

Washington state. I like their product at first. Then I found out it was way more expensive than other quotes. I communicated to the salesman via text that did come to my house that I wanted to cancel. I had to cancel by 5/31 according to the paper.

HRZ

There might be an applicable 3 day exit window for a sale made at your home ..under FTC rules but ir seems to require a written paper mailed and postmarked cancellation and I doubt an email cancellation qualifies..unless you can find WA case law that says it does.

Trish456

These people are not communicating and they’re saying I cannot use different windows or anything like that. I still haven’t given them any money and what’s funny is the “project manager” called and said there was a bad batch of glass and moved my install date a month further out. I feel like these people are super fishy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">