• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

windows tinted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigboy96

What is the name of your state? ca . violation #1 24004 violation #2 26708a and 2800v.c .can this be won in court if i fight it and what are my chances on it the window tint violation i looked up on dmv and it states #10 on the list that you can have your windows blocked if you have a doctor sing a letter but wouldnot be able to drive my car at night.my son is with me 95% of the time and from the heat and sun comeing down throw the window he can have a seizure from it.on this other violation #2800v.c can the officer really take someone to jail on this.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state? ca . violation #1 24004 violation #2 26708a and 2800v.c .can this be won in court if i fight it and what are my chances on it the window tint violation i looked up on dmv and it states #10 on the list that you can have your windows blocked if you have a doctor sing a letter but wouldnot be able to drive my car at night.my son is with me 95% of the time and from the heat and sun comeing down throw the window he can have a seizure from it.on this other violation #2800v.c can the officer really take someone to jail on this.

where does it say SPECIFICALLY that you can have your windows tinted if you have a signed doctor's note... what subdivision 10 says is that you can have a sun screening device. What that generally means is that you can have a sun screen (like they have for babies) that can be REMOVED (you find those at target and walmart), not that your windows can be TINTED. Sorry, you lose on that one.

What is your basis for fighting the rest of the ticket?

Last edited:

CourtClerk

For the rest of you who don't want to go look (I have the book on my computer desk) here is the exact wording:

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section 26708.2 installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front seat, if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician and surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices authorized by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness

26708.2 reads:
(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or upon the vehicle which obstructs or reduces the driver's clear view through the windshield or side windows.
I've NEVER seen someone win with your argument.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">