• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wiring problems during lease

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tchanjc

The house in question is in the state of Georgia. There are two specific locations, when we plug a lamp in, it blows the bulb. I have consulted an electrician, and it is very probable that this may constitute a safty problem. We are currently under a two year lease. What are our rights in this situation? What must we do? Thank You

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

In NYS, in residential setting, LL must provide premises that are safe for human habitation. Inquire along these lines.

HomeGuru

Georgia..Georgia......yes I got Geog..ah on my mind....oops sorry.

Georgia L/T laws offer the same remedies. Send L a certified letter to resolve the problem before the house burns down. If L does nothing, you can hire an electrician and deduct the repair cost from your rent. And that's the shocking truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">