• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

With Chap 7- what happens if collection company sells account again to new collector

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?NH
Two accounts have been sold twice. What happens if they are sold again during BK and the list of creditors ends up being wrong because they sold it in the interim? (Meaning i wouldnt have the correct company(s) on my list)

JETX

upontheventura said:
What is the name of your state?NH
Two accounts have been sold twice. What happens if they are sold again during BK and the list of creditors ends up being wrong because they sold it in the interim? (Meaning i wouldnt have the correct company(s) on my list)
If the debt is discharged by the court, simply send the new claimant a letter advising that the debt was discharged by bankruptcy (include the court and case number) and that any further contact would be subject to legal action.
Once discharged, the debt itself is DOA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">