• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Witheld check for 3 weeks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobru

What is the name of your state? Massachusetts

I was "corportately restructured" (they had me come in, set up and get a call center up and running, then replaced me with someone at half the pay) with no notice, no severance, no nothing.

I had been using a company truck because my vehicle was broken down. On my last day, my ex-boss told me to take the truck to my house (3 hr daily commute) and they would arrange to pick it up. I did that.

When I tried to get my check, I was told I had to get the truck back to them before they would give it to me. I told her (the office pa) that was not what my boss had told me--he said they would come get it. I asked her how I was supposed to get home if I did that. At first, I was basically told, "tuff. Just get the truck back here." Then they told me they'd "figure out something." They never did, just kept telling me to bring the truck to them. I got the distinct feeling if I did that they would've stranded me.

After 3 weeks of them witholding my check, I finally contacted the attorney general's office. I got my check a couple of days later, and they came and picked up the truck, like I was told they were going to do in the first place. In the meantime, my mortgage payment was delayed, so I have to pay late charges; and I had no money to live on. Do I have any recourse on this?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
They have no liability for your late charges, if that's what you're asking.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">