• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Withhold Marriage License due to back CS?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NE - and others

This pertains specifically to Nebraska, but also to other states as a general knowledge question...

I know that driver, pilot and other "professional" licenses can be withheld when one is in arrears on child support. Does the same hold true for a marriage license?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential