• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

withholding order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



My husband's ex is supposed to pay child support beginning May 15 for 1/2 month, then Jun and July 1st for 2 full months. At this time she has paid nothing. At what point is my husband able to initiate a withholding order to garnish her wages? Does the May payment have to be 30 days behind or is she in arrears when the June payment became due?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential