• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

witholding wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I work for a home health/hospital in Orange County California. I am a full time non-exempt employee. The payroll dept. states if I do not turn in Daily Activity Record(DAR) that documents my days work with my paperwork for home visits by a certain time they do not have to pay me and they will pay me the following pay period. Can an employer not pay me my 80 hours on payday for any reason? What if I missed the imposed deadline because I was ill and have a Dr.'s note stating I was to be off work and the 1st day back submit my DAR, paperwork, and Dr.'s note? Do I have to wait to the next pay period? My employer says they will not accept DAR without paperwork and therfore I will not be paid. Can they do that, make receiving my pay condiotnal?



Because you are paid based on the DAR reports that they get, you can be made to wait until the following pay period if you do not get them in on time. Their requirement for paying you is to have the paperwork by a certain time. You need to comply if you want to be paid in tahat payroll period.


Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential