• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wolpoff and abramson

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kopes

What is the name of your state? MN

Just got an arbitration letter from Wolpoff and Abramson. Has anyone dealt with them? I tried when they first started calling months ago, but they were extremely rude and unreasonable. How far will they take this arbitration?

L

Lookingahead

I'm from MA. This company also had an account of mine. They would call me maybe once a week. That went on for about 3 months with them saying they would take more action but they never did. Then I told them I had filed bankruptcy and gave them my case number. They said the calls would continue. When I told them they were breaking the law they hung up and I haven't heard back.

JETX

kopes said:
Just got an arbitration letter from Wolpoff and Abramson. Has anyone dealt with them? I tried when they first started calling months ago, but they were extremely rude and unreasonable. How far will they take this arbitration?
Of course no one can answer as to how 'far' they may pursue the claim.

However, there may be something to save you. According to my research, any person or entity which conducts collection activities in the State of Minnesota must meet all licensing and bond requirements as set forth in Section 332.33, et seq. I just did a search of the license records for Minn and it appears that Wolpoff and Abramson are NOT licensed in that state. The license can be checked at: https://www.egov.state.mn.us/Commerce/license_lookup.do?action=lookupForm

If they contact you again, I would politely ask them for their MN state license number.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">