• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wondering What To Do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shannie

What is the name of your state? MICHIGAN

Friend was on probation for possessing steroids, completed zero tolerance but before he could report to probation his house was raided and they found more steroids and also 2 ecstasy pills and some drug paraphernalia (scale). He was put in jail overnight and told by the detective if he could supply names of people to bring down no charges would be filed. After speaking to a lawyer he knew that there would probably be charges filed against him anyway and with being on probation and everything that he ran. Two things, wouldn't you advise this person to just come back and face the music? I mean it would be difficult but I think he is making it worse by running. Second, he wants to continue his relationship with his girlfriend here in MI, while starting new someplace else, how aggressivley with they seek him out and could she be charged for aiding and abedding?

B

BillyBG

"wouldn't you advise this person to just come back and face the music? I mean it would be difficult but I think he is making it worse by running."
- True.

"he wants to continue his relationship with his girlfriend here in MI, while starting new someplace else, how aggressivley with they seek him out"
- Depends on how bad they want him.

"and could she be charged for aiding and abedding?"
- Only if she knows he's wanted and helps him evade capture.

S

shannie

What do you mean by help him evade capture? Only if she is questioned by someone and lied or would it be her responsibility to turn him in? She is in no way supporting him or helping him, he has simply left town and wants to stay in touch like through a long distance relationship.

S

shannie

Maybe. But that's really none of your business, now is it? I asked for someones advice not someones opinion. Thank You though.

dequeendistress

What your friend (boyfriend) whomever did is illegal.

What advice do you wish?

He should have stayed told the police what they asked and took a chance for a lesser charge due to his cooperation. This being water under the bridge, he screwed up and who cares about the girlfriend??? If she is NOT assisting him in hiding from authorities, so what...

So one day he runs a stop sign and a background check is run and he gets to go back and face his charges...why not get it over with?

How aggresively will he be pursued...did he use the services of a bondsman? If so, you may be surprised at how much they can do to bring the person back...

S

shannie

Maybe you should git a new job! Sounds like your're a little bored with this one!

HomeGuru

shannie said:
Maybe you should git a new job! Sounds like your're a little bored with this one!

**A: on the contrary. I am having the time of my life. Yipeeeee. Oh, what word is your're?

S

shannie

You should know you're the "SENOR" member

Last edited:
H

hexeliebe

I asked for someones advice not someones opinion.
And what the hell do you think advice is? fruit that grows on trees?

Girl, pull your head out of your ass and get real. The moment you associate with someone who carries on with a felon who is evading capture is themselves in danger of being swept up in the legal system.

In other words, you're headed for jail. Plain and simple.

K

knotcops

Quote:
My response:

Shannie, how many tires does your trailer have - - two or four?

IAAL

IAAL,

Don't you know they remove the axles when the trailer is set in place?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">