• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work comp case or harassment ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ivakridav

I reside and worked in MA for a large wholesale retail company. My boss the Assistant Vice President of Tax yelled at me constantly, undermined me in front of other people, he caused me to get mentally sick. I had few episodes of anxiety attacks and I had to start taking medications. I letf work in March of 2016. Do I have a case and do I still have time to file?

commentator

A case for what? There's nothing that says an employer or supervisor must treat you nicely or must not abuse you verbally or undermine It would be practically impossible to determine if your treatment at work would have directly caused your anxiety attacks, but even if there were direct proof of it, there's nothing about this that would be a wrongful termination or a "case" against your employer. If you quit your job, your recourse was to file for and possibly be approved for unemployment benefits, but that ship sailed last year.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No and no.

You have no legal cause of action other than workers comp. It is too late to file a workers comp claim, and if you did have a claim for anything else (which you don't) it would be too late for that as well.

Dema

I reside and worked in MA for a large wholesale retail company. My boss the Assistant Vice President of Tax yelled at me constantly, undermined me in front of other people, he caused me to get mentally sick. I had few episodes of anxiety attacks and I had to start taking medications. I letf work in March of 2016. Do I have a case and do I still have time to file?
Hi can you prove sexism? Are you female? Why do you think he or she singled you out. Try filing a report with Human Rights if you can somehow prove some sort if discrimination. In NY they are useless.

Just Blue

Hi can you prove sexism? Are you female? Why do you think he or she singled you out. Try filing a report with Human Rights if you can somehow prove some sort if discrimination. In NY they are useless.
1. OP is in Ma.
2. Everything you posted is absurd.
3. Two HR experts already advised the OP, one that is in Ma.
4. The OP hasn't been back in weeks so why are you posting to his/her thread with your nonsense?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Regardless of whether the poster is male or female, the window of opportunity to file a claim with MCAD is long since passed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">