• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

work/personal injury -duty of care

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



One of my relative's husband had died from heart attack caused by excess exposure to lead-acid at his factory. Worksafe inspectors had known that the factory had an unsafe working environment which did not comply with the government standards. The problem is that the 2 children have now been diagnosed with lead poisoning (direct contact with their father). Can an action be brought against Worksafe inspectors to recover damages for the personal injury suffered by the chilren based on the negligence of the inspectors to issue an improvement notice? And can economic loss arising out of health care costs be recovered? thxthx!



They need to consult with an experienced trial lawyer in their state. There may be a claim, or depending on state law, they may be able to sue the workplace or the product casing the problems. However, be careful to get a skilled trial lawyer. Find a lawyer with the American Trial Lawyers Assoc; they have a find a lawyer page at the American Trial Lawyers Assoc (ATLA) web site at http://www.atlanet.org
This organization is the premier national plaintiff's trial lawyer organization. Although membership is no guarantee as to the lawyer, on the other hand, in all my years, I have never met an excellent plaintiff's trial lawyer who was not a member and who not had been active in either their state or national organization. Thirdly, also check for a lawyer who has been certified by The National Board of Trial Advocacy. Their web site is at http://www.nbtanet.org/ . Although both plaintiffs and defense lawyers can be members, each member has been nationally certified as a civil trial specialist by passing tests and by having tried a specified number of successful civil trials.
George Senteney

George H. Senteney
"More people helping people with the law than anywhere."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential