• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work program

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

STLGirl

What is the name of your state? Missouri

When someone comes to the US on a work program, do they have a work visa?

Thanks in Advance!What is the name of your state?

ImmigAttyLana

It depends. YOu need to provide additional details about the particular situation since there are many different scenarios under which one can enter the US with permission to work and not necessarily be in possession of a work visa. And even if there is a work visa, it is usually employer-specific so it can only be used for employment with the petitioning employer.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or how I can be of further assistance to you in this matter.

Lana
Immigration Attorney

STLGirl

It is employer specific. My friends boyfriend came on a work program to a hotel and they want to get married and then adjust his status. If he came to the us legally and they get married and do an AOS is that okay? She is a US Citizen.

evcalyptos

STLGirl said:
It is employer specific. My friends boyfriend came on a work program to a hotel and they want to get married and then adjust his status. If he came to the us legally and they get married and do an AOS is that okay? She is a US Citizen.
Then tell HIM to find a lawyer, immigration consultant, immigrant assistance group etc and get HIS CASE SPECIFIC info in front of them to make a determination.

Third hand mis-info will not be of any use to him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">